Love, tears and pigs

It's been a really long time since the last 'main story' renaissance strip, so here's some deep dive into Massimo (Maffeo's older brother) and Donatello's (Massimo's best friend who was supposed to marry Maffeo) relationship
The angst with these two is like *chef's kiss*. I love chidlhood best friends, unrequited love, being blinded by rage and unable to see the other's feelings, the cruel irony of Massimo frantically searching for Maffeo to make this wedding happen when all Donatello wishes for is to be with him ? Good shit, good shit
And a little Cosima dressed in savafid period clothing. Since she travels a lot I would really love to draw her in clothing from all over the world but finding references can be a real challenge.

And now for some 18th century cuteness to wash away the sad bois
Loosely based on Renoir's portrait of Julie Manet as brilliantly suggested by one of my friends.
It made me want to draw Eugénie and Godefroy more so I did those two doodles of them too.
I love my dumb girl and her pig, living her best life

No comments:

Post a Comment