New challengers have entered the arena

Fifteen years later, I finally finished, and scanned the intro for these two.
I can't do it- I can't ! / I'm going to ruin everything. / What are you on about ? / There's no reasons for it to go bad. / The audience will love it ! / We all believe in you, you can do it ! / Thank you Morhange ! I won't disappoint you ! / You should go get your makeup fixed though and quickly because it will start soon.

Gidéon, despite being a fairly popular actor/singer, has horrible stage fright, and by that I do mean that every single night someone has to pep talk him on stage, one time it just happened that Aimé, who's often lurking backstage, was the person to do so, and lo and behold despite having never noticed him before there wasn't a need for much more for Gidéon to get the dokies. Aimé is clueless about it tho, he's just being nice.

Actually, once Aimé understands that Gidéon is into him, he starts sleeping with him for all the wrong reasons, because else it's not the 18th century.

Ah, he's here too. / Glad to see you too, Apolline. / On the way to deafen the parisians, as I see. / Pah ! Even if I did my best, I would not to as much damage as you do, my dear. / Pig. / Harpy. / To be honest, you'd make a better harlot than a singer. / You as well, my dear.

Apolline is the prima donna of the Opera. Since her and Benigno sing at the same range (and sometimes compete for the same roles), they are terrible rivals who never miss a chance to trash talk the other, but since it's the 18th century they gotta bring this tension in bed. 
Apolline is also one of Eugénie's rare genuine friends, even if she acts snobbish and cold she really does care about her.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment